Monday, January 12, 2009

uninspired

I am supposed to be writing a novel but I am completely uninspired. Noteven a sentence will form. Nothing makes sense. I think I've been away from my writing for too long. I need to figure out a way to get back to it.....but how? This is my problem. I'm not sure how. I have reviewed my notes.....everything I have written prior seems like so long ago. The characters feel like strangers to me. I barely know them anymore. I need to reconnect with them somehow. I'm not quite sure how yet. This is something that I have been bouncing around my head for the past week or so. I should email Beth my advisor for some advice but I know she is working on a book herself and she's not even in the state yet. She's still in maine for a writing conference. So....I could ask another writing professor who could help. Or I could keep whining in my many blogs about how horrible things are with my writing. I have tried doing writing exercises though personally I think I should do these exercises everyday before doing my writing on the novel.

No comments: